Date: 2-Oct-14 to 4-Oct-14
Finally our most awaited long weekend of October had come. We had two days off on October 2nd for Gandhi Jayanthi and on October 3rd for Dusshera. Just a week before, we had gone to our home town, so we did not want to go there again for this long weekend. Without much thinking, we decided to go to the Coffee land of Karnataka, Chikmagalur.
Since we planned this vacation just two weeks before, when we checked for accommodation at the hotels, we were shocked to see almost all the hotels booked. Even the price for the rooms was too high. We never expected that Chikmagalur would be so costly. Big resorts or homestays were not at all in our list as we wanted to spend time roaming around the city. We searched in Google as much as we could for a good budget hotel, but unfortunately we could not get any. Thilak somehow got the confidence that some or the other hotel would be there in the city which is not displayed in Google search and after much discussion, finally we decided to take risk of going there and searching for the accommodation. Since Thilak is very familiar with the route from Bangalore to Chikmagalur, we did not have to plan anything about the transport. So, except accommodation, we planned everything else for our three days trip.
- Route Travelled: Onward: BTM Layout > Yashwantpura > Nelamangala > Hassan > Belur > Chikmagalur
Return: Chikmagalur > Birur > Kadur > Arasikere > Tiptur > Tumkur > Bangalore > BTM Layout
- Total distance (To & Fro): 747 km
- Mileage (Car): 20 km/l
- Fuel expense: 2838 Rs
- Total expense: 6845 Rs
- Photos: Yagachi, Ayyanakere, and Amruthapura Photos, Mullayyana Giri and Baba Budan Giri Photos, and Kemmanu Gundi and Kallathi Falls Photos
The detailed day-wise travel journal of our trip is in the following links:
- Day 1 – Yagachi Dam, Ayyana Kere, and Amruthapura (2-Oct-14)
- Day 2 – Trek to Tallest Peak of Karnataka (3-Oct-14)
- Day 3 – Kemmanugundi and Kallathi Falls (4-Oct-14)